Jennifer & Clint are long time friends of ours – in fact, their very first date was at our wedding almost 3 years ago! Then, last year after what seemed like FOREVER (like, come on, Clint, what are you waiting for? Jen is perfect for you!) They got engaged on my birthday! So it really only made sense that they would get married on my birthday, one year later, and that I would be their photographer – it was basically kismet!
What better way to spend my b-day than photographing two of our dear friends exchanging vows and becoming their own little family (Maxie included) in Dayton, OH! I’ll tell you one thing – there is no better way! I felt so honored to share in their day with them and get to be a part of all the special moments that so many people didn’t get to see! My favorite moment from the day (I think… it was really hard to nail down!) was their first look. I wanted to share a million pictures from those moments! Clint looked genuinely surprised to see the dress Jen chose and how stunning she looked and Jen looked beyond excited to be seeing her groom for the first time on their wedding day, all dapper in his tux! I couldn’t wipe the smile off during those moments and neither could they!
Things to note while looking through this blog post:
- Jen’s dress had POCKETS. Oh man, what a solid move to get a dress with pockets!
- Clint’s best man? His father, of course! I love that they are so close that he was Clint’s best man 🙂
- You will see Jen looking surprised at her bouquet… that’s because there were surprise pictures of Maxie, their dog, on it!
- There’s a picture of Clint holding Jen’s dress – he didn’t even have to be asked – that’s the sign of a good husband, learning right from the start!
- My husband was one of the groomsmen…I’ll let you figure out which one he is (hint – he’s the hottie!)
- There were some amazing toasts throughout the night but in my opinion, the best advice came from Clint’s dad – marriage is not always 50/50 – sometimes one person is 100% while the other person is 0% and everywhere in between. It may not always be easy, but it’s always worth it!
I can’t thank you enough for trusting me, even tho I was hella pregnant with two babies, as your photographer! I’ll never forget your wedding and hope it was everything you dreamed of! -Abby
If you are interested in finding out more or booking me, please contact me here!
Abby Hacker Photography is an Indianapolis Indiana based photographer, focusing on Indianapolis weddings, Indianapolis engagements and Indianapolis portraits, though is available for travel throughout the midwest and worldwide.